Thursday, September 12, 2013

I Love Burlap

I have a bit of an obsession with burlap.  It all started with the burlap wreaths we made for girls' night several months ago.




Since then, I want to "burlap-ify" everything.   With burlap and a hot glue gun, the opportunities. are. endless.  Someone help me!  There must be some sort of support group for people like me...

I made this chalkboard for our front foyer (from an old picture frame I had), and couldn't pass up using these burlap flowers (burlap flowers!!) that I excitedly discovered at Hobby Lobby as accents.


 



If you look closely, you'll notice that the ribbon the frame hangs from is also made of this amazingly wonderful material.


 And, a couple accents on our mantle...a burlap covered "J" and a burlap banner.



 


I really like the look of burlap (obviously), but what I love almost equally about it is how easy it is to work with.  And the nature of it lends itself to some imperfection in the final product, which makes it a very low-stress fabric to use.  What to do next?  I did see some burlap covered canvases recently.....

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails